These Bars are a great way to stave off those hunger pangs-they are easy to make and store and travel well. Always have a stash along with your nuts to get you through to your next meal. These beauties are incredibly delicious and have proven to give us great energy to push throughout our days. Give them a try!
Tools You’ll Need:
- 8×8″ baking dish
- 2 square pieces of parchment paper (so that each piece is big enough to cover the bottom & the sides of your baking dish)
- Small saucepan
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted organic butter-(grassfed Kerrygold)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed raw nuts (slightly chopped)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup mixed seeds I like pumpkin, Sunflower and linseeds
- ¾ cup raisins (optional-preferably no sugar added)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Line your baking dish with 1 of your parchment paper squares and set aside.
- Add nuts and seeds, shredded coconut and cinnamon to a mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mix these ingredients well.
- Place a saucepan under medium heat and add honey and butter; mix these ingredients together and cook for about 1 minute after it starts bubbling.
- Pour honey/butter mix onto your dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Place the granola bar mixture on the baking sheet. Using your 2nd parchment paper square, push down on the mixture to settle it tight. Do not bake with the top parchment paper (toss it out).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate overnight for it to settle.
- Once it has been refrigerated overnight, cut 4 lines horizontally and 1 line vertically (so that it yields 10 pieces).
- Share these bars with your close friends, and enjoy along with them a delicious and crunchy treat!
* Keep refrigerated.
* Yields 10 bars.
* Nutritional Information (per bar): 331 calories; 32g fat; 29g carbohydrates; 7g protein.